Thursday, May 31, 2012

Not a goddamned pound...

So I'll try to make this quick because I should be working or having breakfast or something productive like that.

A few months ago, when I was still nursing the baby and, therefore, having to eat a healthy amount every day, my fiancee took away my scale. He knew that I was weighing more than once a day and that not having access to a scale would "help" me. Well, it did and it didn't, apparently.

I asked for it back yesterday because I am starting the INSANITY workout program and would like to track my progress. He agreed to return it as long as I promised to be healthy about my weight loss (obviously no starving, purging, etc.). I promised.

I weighed myself this morning in the usual fashion (after the bathroom, before drinking my glass of water). It's been three months and ...

Nothing. Not a single pound lost. In fact, if I remember my weight correctly from before, it's possible that I've GAINED since the baby.

OMFG are you kidding me?

1
7
5
.

Not even kidding. 175 pounds?! I'm a monster. I figured that maybe, just MAYBE, I had taken all of those nauseating diet pills for a reason, that maybe they had done SOME good, SOMEhow. Oh no. Not even close.

And now I've confirmed what I've known for months. I have to slow down on, if not STOP entirely, the drinking at night. I'm positive that that's the only thing holding me back. I can eat beautifully all day long, topping out at about 1,000 calories (if not less), and then ruin it all by drinking a bottle of wine every night. That's more alcohol calories than food calories. And it's pure sugar/carbs.

Now the question is: How do I stop drinking when it's what I look forward to every single evening?

No comments:

Post a Comment